JOB POSTING: Project Coordinator, Alair Homes
The unprecedented success of our business has been a result of an exceptional team of leaders
that have aligned themselves with our core values and vision of transforming an industry that
has been one of the last to change in its era. Now entering increasingly uncertain times, we are
looking to expand this core team with like-minded, driven entrepreneurs who have an aptitude
for challenge, strategic purpose and focus, and business acumen for scale.
Leadership and the ability to motivate, inspire and encourage the team culture are essential.
Candidate must be familiar with day to day operations of the construction industry, enjoy
building relationships with people, and understand relevant KPIs of business success.
Individual must be accountable, take ownership, and collaborate with our team, clients, market and trade
partners. Other core competencies include critical thinking, active management, strong
problem solving, reliable and detail orientated, high perception of quality, strong work ethic,
and an energetic and positive attitude.
This role involves partnership into a successful, existing business with a full 2020-2021 pipeline
of work already contracted. We have proven, profitable systems and processes that are backed
by the stability of a North American brand.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate the permitting process, working with municipal authorities to ensure
all required documentation is in order; follow-up on timelines.
- Coordinate internal milestone dates within the Alair team (Partner, Project
Managers, Site Managers) and evaluate and report on how that will potentially
affect client deliverables.
- Assist in coordinating project activities throughout lifecycle, including scheduling,
documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Manage specific communications and relationships of our clients.
- Contract management – preparing and executing client planning and construction
contracts with respective addendums and supporting documents.
- Coordination of the planning process – following the Road Map for planning,
setting up the required meetings with clients, designers and architects,
- Working with the team of Alair Project Managers to ensure proper execution of
client expectation of deliverables for each client meeting and next steps; following
up and holding the team accountable.
- Client liaison, along with the Project Manager, during Construction to ensure
effective communication amongst all parties.
- Ability to engage client’s enthusiasm for their building project, with a focus on
- Conduct project “Lessons Learned” studies in order to identify areas for
improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- Communicate with site employees regarding work status and issue resolution.
- Collaborate directly with the Project Managers and clients during the close out process, to ensure effective communication and documentation of deficiency lists, schedules, walk throughs and home-owner resource manuals.
- Review and vet client requests to identify out of scope items & create Change Order documents for specific projects as needed.
- Provide input on project budgets and review for inconsistencies.
- Manage milestone schedules for payment draws.
- Plan, organize, and manage the warranty service program.
- Focus on relevant weekly lead measure KPI’s set for business performance and understanding of why they are important and how to improve them.
- Deliver consistently high levels of client satisfaction.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional and respectful manner.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 years of direct work experience in Project Management
- Construction scheduling experience an asset
- Proven experience in residential custom homes construction
- Proven experience developing client relationships
- Builds and contributes to a team and community environment
- Critical Thinking & problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Project Management and software
- MSFT Teams and Sharepoint experience an asset
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Problem solving skills
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Strong organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate
with all levels of the organization.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Proficient in MS-Word, Excel and Outlook
If this challenge and opportunity excites you, submit your resume highlighting your relevant experience via email to [email protected] on or before January 15, 2021.