Alair Homes Project Manager
Alair Homes Chilliwack is a locally owned award-winning high end custom home building and renovation firm seeking enthusiastic team members to support the growing demand of our clients throughout Chilliwack and the Upper Fraser Valley If you are looking for the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally, we would like to hear from you. At Alair Homes “Living Better Starts Here”. Compensation is based on experience and performance. We offer benefits, paid vacation and holidays. The successful applicant will become a valued part of a growing company that is committed to enable its members to reach their goals and beyond. We promise a positive culture of partnering, mentoring, respect and support.The ideal person must be a problem solver with excellent communication and time management skills. We are looking for people interested in a long-term commitment with room for advancement.
Our Core Values:Empathy: By truly listening to our clients and peers, we can offer understanding, positive relationships, and value driven solutions. Determination: A tenacious pursuit for the best possible result. Agility: Energy and focus to overcome challenges.
Project Manager Requirements:
- Provide excellent customer service at all times to ensure we create a “raving fan” with each and every client
- Maintain constant communication with your management team. Communicate daily as needed via phone, email, or text message
- Work collaboratively with the team and have a complete understanding of expectations for each project
- Expected to stay up to date on new building technologies, materials and practices
- Responsible for job site safety, security and cleanliness on a daily basis
- Expected to be familiar with all current building codes
- Follow the safety policy and keep the company and sub trades working within Worksafe BC legislative guidelines
- Pay $35.00 – $45.00/hour
- 2 week paid vacation, increasing annually
- Health benefits
- Vehicle mileage compensation
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work with Designer/ Architect and Homeowners and during the early stages of the project to determine feasibility of execution.
- Manage client budget to ensure expectations are set realistically and maintained through planning phase.
- Create and issue accurate and detailed scopes of work to qualified vendors and subtrades for project costing.
- Prepare accurate and defensible planning and construction schedules with appropriate contingencies for weather, delays, material shortages, etc.
- Understand and apply risk management to costing, scheduling, and client expectations.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding work being performed efficiently.
- Perform onsite tasks (general carpentry) to assist team when required
- Assist team with operating responsibilities such as leading team meetings, creating and editing scopes of work, best practices, safety protocol, organizing tools, building site signage.
- Perform Project Manager, Estimator and Safety Manager duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractors have corrected all deficiencies identified.
- Perform job progress and completion reports in compliance with Alair process.
- Must be able to understand and interpret architectural and structural plans.
- Strong mathematical skills including calculating percentages and square footage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including effective conflict resolution. Must be able to honestly address issues in a timely manner and not be afraid of difficult conversations. Communication must be direct and honest while displaying tact and empathy.
- Excellent computer skills, comfortable with MS Office, Adobe Pro, Sharepoint, etc.
- Thorough and attentive to details with ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Being proactive and deadline-oriented.
Tools & Equipment:
- Provide own vehicle capable of carrying tools and supplies (pickup preferred)
- Provide basic hand and power tools to carry out onsite tasks
- Up to date laptop and home-work space to perform project management duties
- Cell phone with data plan
Required Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in residential construction carpentry.
- In-depth knowledge of high end residential new construction and renovation
- 5+ years in a supervisory or management position.
- Experience with large and small scale residential renovations, structural experience (site work to finishing) as well as new construction.
- Minimum of 2+ years residential estimating experience.
- Class 5 drivers license
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Red Seal Carpentry Certificate (or other relevant trade)
- Construction Management Diploma or Equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- First Aid Ticket
- Familiar and competent with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Sharepoint
Experience – Senior Level (8+ years)
Job type – Full Time
- Vehicle Mileage Compensation
- 2 weeks paid vacation; increasing annually